Monday, April 11, 2011

Connecting Coffee and Community

So you have stumbled upon this blog and might be thinking to yourself, "What is this all about?" Well, I'll be happy to tell you!

Java Journeys is the brainchild blog of friends and co-workers Ashlee and Kacy.  Both avid coffee enthusiasts, these urban explorers decided that it would be a great idea to share their finds not only with each other but with other coffee lovers as well.

Through this blog you will find all you need to know about various coffee shops in the St.Louis area. Ever wonder who has the best coffee art? Or who offers the best brew for your buck? Look no further! We will offer tips, pics, prices, coffee and food suggestions, videos, and more.  Along with all things coffee, we will also bring you "Coffee Talk", where Kacy and I will let you in on the topics we're passionate about.

While we have some definite set locations we have mapped to visit, we would also like your suggestions.  If you have a coffee shop that you love and would like for us to review and share with everyone, please leave us a comment or email us at javajourneys@gmail.com.  If you're a coffee shop owner who would like more exposure for your business, drop us a line and we'll be sure to include you right here!

So grab a cup and settle in for an adventure of epic whole bean proportions!

~ Ka & Ak~


Here's a bit about your authors:

Kacy:




"My goal is to share with you something real....whether that is through finding the perfect cup of coffee or just telling you what is going on in my life. Too often I think that we try to put on masks, but we don't want to show who we really are. I'm not always eloquent, and you can always depend on me to be inappropriate, but I will always try to be honest :) "

*I love Jesus Christ. He makes me who I am.
*I love chocolate.
*I love to stay up late and I equally love to go to bed early, depends on the day.
*I love to sleep in.
*I love pedicures. I get them way too often, and I don't feel guilty.
*I love dancing.  I do love to shake my booty.
*I love singing. No, I’m not good but I do love a good upbeat 80’s song to sing to on a road trip with the windows rolled down.
*I love my morning coffee.
*I love the park.
*I love the Fall and Spring seasons. 
*I love the holidays.
*I love Bulldogs.
*I love watching movies.
*I love fire.  Campfires, Bonfires, Fires in the fireplace.  I'm a borderline pyro.

A few more things, you might not know about me............

*I've been drinking coffee for 13 years...and yes, I really do love it!
*I'm 27 years old.
*I was born in Louisiana.
*I used to be a ballerina.
*I currently in college pursuing a counseling degree.
*I'm a little quirky
*I'm a little "rough around the edges"
*I'm a early morning and late night person.  My mind is at it's best from 10-12 at night or 6-8 in the morning. The afternoon is when I want to sleep.
*I'm a texter.

Ashlee:
"I don't know if you have noticed, but life is too short to not stop and smell the flowers (or coffee!) every now and then.  I believe that God puts us on this earth not to live half heartedly, just going through the motions, but rather to live with vivacity, in anticipation of each day that lies ahead.  I hope that through this blog you are inspired to get out there and explore the world around you, not settling for status quo but striving to discover the hidden gems!"

*I am, because HE is. I love, because HE is love.
*I have a dachshund that is much too human for her own good...and I love her so much for her quirks!
*I love coffee but it has taken time to get there... I started by enjoying the light frozen frapps and now I'm a whole bean, dark roast snob :)
*I graduated from college last year with a dual degree in Worship Arts and Ministry and Leadership
*I love musicals and often wish my life was one. Due to the fact that a group of people aren't likely to burst out in song when I walk down the street, I quench my desire my doing live theatre.
*Music is a passion of mine and I listen to everything from classical to country, Christian to jazz, Oldies to 80's and everything in between.
*I'm a pastor's kid....don't judge! lol
*I may be 6'1" but I love to wear heels.
*I love dark chocolate.
*I love my oreos frozen.
*I enjoy baking and specialize in cupcakes.
*Dancing with the Stars makes me want to learn to dance and be THAT good.
*I'm 24 years old.
*Like Kacy, I'm kind of quirky, so watch out!
















No comments:

Post a Comment